We’ve been on a kitchen kick this week. While we are in the cleaning process, I thought I would post some of my favorite kitchen essentials. I like kitchen gadgets that are easy to clean and easy to store because I have a small house. I am not a gourmet chef, but I do love to cook.
Certainly I have more than twelve kitchen items, but if I had to choose my top twelve, it would be these:
4) Microplane. For everything. Nothing better than a microplane for adding that final boost of flavor!
5) Immersion blender. I’ve talked about how much I love my Cuisinart Immersion Blender before. It’s an essential for healthy winter veggie soups.
6) Dutch Oven. I cook almost everything in my Dutch Oven. Get two if you have room!!
7) Vitamix. This is the best for Smoothies!
8) Shallow glass baking dish. I got one as a wedding gift 28 years ago, it’s still my go to for baking chicken breasts, enchiladas, and root vegetables. 9X13 is a great size! It’s perfect for when you need to make shredded chicken, like for this Roasted Beets & Sweet Potato Chicken Salad Recipe from Thyme & Temp.
9) Flat Whisk. Throw the rest out. This is the best!
10) A good pair of kitchen tongs. Tongs are great for serving salad and turning meat.
11) Saucepan. I need just two. Large and small.
12) A good wooden cutting board. Boos cutting boards is my favorite!
Keep reading for some other fabulous kitchen essential lists and my favorite cookbooks!
If you have the luxury of a big kitchen with a lot of storage, Ina Garten put together a list of her kitchen must-haves for House Beautiful that I would recommend checking out. If you are just starting out and wanting to stock your kitchen for under $300, Kitchn put together a wonderful guide. For a quick checklist of cooking essentials, this Real Simple article is perfect.
These are the cookbooks I am currently enjoying:
I want to know what your kitchen essentials are! Comment below or on Instagram to share what you can’t cook without.