I recently returned from one of my favorite places on earth: San Miguel de Allende! San Miguel is one of the most special cities. It’s so colorful- full of parties and parades. In addition, it has amazing restaurants and rooftop bars so you can enjoy a margarita while overlooking the city. There are so many great sites to see like the botanical gardens and beautiful historic churches. We also spent an afternoon in the Magical City of Bernal, which has great little shops and a central garden! I’ve made a list of some of my top places for dining out in San Miguel that I stop by each time I visit. I hope you enjoy!
Dining and Cocktails:
– The Restaurant – It’s old-world colonial charm mixed with their upbeat, creative menu makes it a must!
– Nirvana —This hotel, spa, and restaurant is about 12 -14 kilometers outside of San Miguel, but it’s so beautiful that it’s worth the trip! Also, book yourself a day at the spa.
– The Rosewood is perfect for drinks on their rooftop, the Luna Rooftop Tapas Bar. They have, in my opinion, the best view of the city. Beware, The Rosewood can be a little crazy in the summer.
– Cumpanio – This cozy spot is great for breakfast or a light lunch. Don’t skip the bakery!!
– Via Organica– Great anytime! It has an amazing 100% organic menu plus a darling grocery store attached!
– Aperi at Dos Casas Hotel – This is the new hot spot in town that I haven’t visited yet, but I’ve been hearing great things. Make sure to make reservations early.
– Antonio’s – This is another new spot with a great rooftop view.
– La Azotea – Great for drinks and a light meal on their rooftop. Try the Jicama Tacos!
– La Posadita — This is my go to for comfort Mexican food and a margarita that has a kick.
– La Buena Vida – A perfect breakfast spot for oatmeal and cafe con leche